I’m Annabel Du Boulay, Founder of The Avalon Rose Chapel®, a Spiritual Teacher, Author, Speaker, Transpersonal Therapist & Coach.
Whilst I was studying the Greek Myths and Medieval Women Mystics during my English degree in 1991, I asked the question “Why is God male?”.
I’ve since spent over 30 years on a quest exploring that question. It’s led me from the Isles of my Celtic, Scottish and Irish ancestors, to the Black Madonna tradition of Southern Italy, to the Andean Path of Pachamama in Peru, to the sacred Rose Lineage Mount of Sinai, to Glastonbury-Avalon and the Summerlands where I live in The Avalon Rose Chapel®.
On this quest, I’ve become an academic and experiential expert in the Avalon, Rose, Celtic & Gnostic lineages, specialising in peeling back the layers of patriarchal distortion to uncover the original pagan and Gnostic teachings of our ancestors, which have so much relevance today for those of us seeking a spiritual path outside the confines of patriarchal religion’s limitations.
I specialise in tracking these lineages from their origins in Africa and Neolithic Old Europe to Bronze Age Mesopotamia, the Levant and Egypt, to the Greco-Roman world and the early Christian Gnostics, who brought the Holy Grail to Glastonbury, where this lineage of the Rose unites with that of Celtic-Druidism on the ancient Isle of Avalon.
I’m author of The Serpent’s Tale, a witch-burnings novel set in Southern Italy, the land of the Black Madonna, which follows a rural village’s fight to save its wise-woman from the fires of the Inquisition. Inspired by my autobiographical experience of nursing my daughter Sophia, the novel allegorically explores the original Myth of the Descent and Ascent of the Soul, embodied in the later Greco-Roman Myth of Demeter and Persephone, and Gnostic Myth of Sophia.
Work with me
I share my academic knowledge and wisdom gained from my own path of gnosis through a programme of online courses and in-person pilgrimages, working with esoteric teachings, myth, archetypes, creativity and ritual, designed to empower you to:
- peel back the layers of patriarchal appropriation and manipulation
- explore the original teachings of the Avalon, Rose, Celtic & Gnostic lineages
- live a life in tune with the natural cycles of the Earth and Cosmos like our ancestors
- heal any internalised shadow thoughts or beliefs that may be limiting you
- recognise your Soul gifts and how to bring them into manifestation in the world
I look forward to guiding you along your own path of gnosis.
Annabel Du Boulay
Founder of The Avalon Rose Chapel®
The Philosophia Wheel Programme is a series of 8 online Courses exploring each of the 8 Festivals on my Philosophia Wheel of the Year, inspired by the Celtic Wheel and Rose Lineage Mysteries, through which I guide you on a year’s Archetypal Journey of the Soul through each Festival’s associated pagan and Gnostic myths, deities, archetypes, symbols, animals and rituals, empowering you to work with their energies through the seasons.
The Avalon Rose Chapel® Practitioner Training (Online June-August 2023), Rose Goddess Pilgrimage to Sicily (August 2023), Priestess Training (Online Aug 2023 – May 2024) and Mary & Michael Pilgrimage to Glastonbury-Avalon (June 2024)
Annabel’s wonderful teaching style combines history, theory, myth, legend, visualisations, imaginal journeys, pilgrimages and creative expression, covering the Rose Lineage from the cradle of civilisation across the millennia. I have loved all of it, learning about the goddesses and priestess traditions of the lineage, and learning about myself and remembering my own soul's journey. I was really drawn to this teaching and I am so happy that I followed my instinct. It has been so much better even than I could have imagined, and I have met a wonderful new community. This process has truly changed and enriched my life.Donna Gerard
- I have had an amazing experience. Our 3 days together were intense, inspiring, enlightening and empowering. I feel like I have found the part of me that has been trying to emerge for a long time. Thank you for being the person who held and supported me on this journey.CJB, Retreat Participant
- Annabel has an instinctive perception which allows her to analyse potential problems but her skill lies in giving people the confidence to face up to issues which are very personal to them. Her intuition and her wealth of experience are a powerful combination. CB, Coaching Client